Friday, 18 December 2015

Evaluation - Asian Teens

1) In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of a real media product?



2) How does your media product represent particular social groups?
  • On my front cover there is a woman smiling who is dressed in traditional Asian clothing and she is completely 'dolled-up.' The chosen cover star of my magazine is standing in front of a blurred out background which enables the audience to focus o the model and nothing else, this will attract them to buy the magazine
  • The women on my front cover is wearing make-up and wearing a lot of jewellery to show that this is a fashion genre magazine.
  • 'Angela Vasani' is looking down while smiling on the front, not only is this showing that she is happy but it is also to attracts readers in one way; making it seem like you can look as pretty as she is being all dressed up. Even though she is not giving direct contact, it still seems like a model material photograph.
  • My front cover also provides a pug and this is to engage the reader to see offers inside the magazine as it says 'Download the Asian Teens app now for free' telling the reader that this magazine has an app and that it is free.

3) What kind of institution might distribute your media products why?

For my media product I would choose high stated companies such as Tesco, Sainsbury, ASDA, Waitrose and Marks&Spencer's. As this could be a good chance for my product to be more known. However I would also like to distribute my products to smaller institutions such as WHSmith and Corner Shops/Stores. To help contribute to the relevance to my magazine after going to all these institutions. think that the fashion and gossip industry will be interested in my media product because this magazine is different to other school magazine, of a new genre instead of the usual fashion magazine everybody goes for.

4) Who would be the audience for your media product?

The audience for my magazine product is for the older years of the academy, but this can be easily aimed at younger years to. As my magazine contains things like: fashion tips, gossip and also everyday lifestyle things means these topics are widely engaged with. Therefore making things simpler for the children of the school to read and associate with.

5) How did you attract your audience?

  • The first way in which I attracted my audience is by using a three colour palette; of orange, black and white. The black and white contrast with each other to stand out more which makes the font stand out and easier to read. Also the bright orange/peachy colour makes the magazine look more attractive and nicer to look at.
  • The second way in which I attracted my audience is by have a luminous yellow pug with plain black font inside. I used this because this could be the first thing the reader looks at after the masthead. Making it yellow grabs the readers attention straight away as it offers them something 'FREE.'
  • And lastly the third way in which I have attracted my audience is by using different sorts of jargon the audience will understand. As if I used long and fancy words the reader will get bored and not want to read the magazine, however if I use language the audience uses everyday - e.g. slang - it will make it easier and interesting for the reader.
6) What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?
  • The first thing I have learn about the technologies from the process of constructing this media product is how to use 'Desktop Publishing Program' to create my magazine. I have learned the different ways on how to give my magazine a professional look. I used techniques such as different paragraph styles, changing the amount of columns that I used, inserting pictures, writing text, adding shapes and how to export the file so that I was able to print it out.
  • The second thing I have learned about the technologies from the process of constructing my product is by learning how to use ' Adobe Photoshop.' I was taught how to take one picture and transfer it into another, changing the backgrounds to something different and using a variety of tools to make the image look better.
7) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt?

Looking back at my preliminary task I feel as if I have learned different techniques I will be able to use in my work ahead. I have learned how to use two different programs to make a music magazine and from the feedback I have received I am able to reflect back on my work to edit and change to make it look more successful helping me achieve a high grade when it comes to my final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment